Tuesday 28 January 2014

Desdemona's Home For Orphaned & Abandoned Dragons & Other Magical Creatures ~ 5

 I've done quite a lot more on Desdemona's, since I last showed it. The Roof on the House, needed a touch up and the strips that represent the lead flashing's. There were also a few torn tiles that I managed to stick back together. I repainted the lead flashing's with a mix of Grey acrylic paint, which I mixed myself to get the look of real lead. I also touched up the tiles with a mixture of different colours to get the effect that I wanted. The third picture down shows the roof before painting. The bottom picture shows the roof after painting, I am quite pleased with the end result, it looks more like real terracotta tiles now. The Chimney stack still needs some attention, but that's another job on the to do list. I'm going to leave the Ridge Tiles as they are, as in a real house, they do break and fall off and if Desdemona has Dragons landing, there's sure to be some damage..






4 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
Fantastic work. It looks beautiful and incredibly realistic.
Big hug,
Giac

elizabeth s said...

Hi Debbie! I love the roof and the different tones and textures. The flashing looks great and the idea of the dragons landing on the roof and damaging the ridge tiles is Perfect! I think it makes a better story when the reason you give for leaving them "as is", is better than if they were fixed; Way to go! :D


elizabeth

Unknown said...

Fantastic roof! It looks real! Very well done

Marisa said...

Debbie I love your roof and I can imgine the dragons breaking the ridge tiles

hugs
Marisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails