Sunday 17 January 2010

Birthday Buys...

Yesterday we popped out with the boys to the local Army Surplus shop as Harry wanted a pair of boots. While we were out, we also popped into town and I called into the little shop where Mick brought my lovely Frog Jug from.
Mick had told me about these jars, that he had seen while in there and thought I'd like them. Well he was right, and I brought the last one..
While I was browsing we were talking and I told Pat the owner that I was looking for a dresser top to hang in my Kitchen. She took us upstairs to the store rooms and there was just what I wanted a large dresser top. It's approx 4ft by 4 1/2ft. The colour matches my antique shelving , so I put it down to fate and we agreed a price. The Picture was taken while the dresser top is resting on its side on the floor of the Kitchen.
Pat and her husband Mick dropped it off last night and came in for a cup of tea and a chat.
We've just got to get the shelving up on the wall now and I'll be able to get some of my China out of boxes and display it.
So instead of Mick buying Miniatures he brought me the shelves instead. Maybe I'll be able to display a few minis on the shelves. I did debate about making a miniature setting in the Jar, it is big enough. But for today its going to be used to put all the names in for the Birthday Give Away..I've still got to write all the names out! I'll be back later with the winner's name.... Excited I know I am...............LOL

14 comments:

Crafts From The Stash said...

Debbie they are both wonderful buys and finds. I love old furniture, cant stand the modern stuff.
Debie xxx

rosanna said...

Great buyings Debbie, I truly love both of them. Hugs Rosanna

stil-blicke.blogspaot.com said...

Oh Debbie,

die Regale hätten mir auch gefallen....aber die Dose mit dem Vögelchen, die hätte es mir auch angetan. Die ist sowas von Hübsch. Das ist ein kleines Highlight!!!

Liebe Grüße an Dich

PuNo / Monika

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

That jar is fabulous, Debbie! And I really like your dresser top too!!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

((Hugs))

Marja said...

oohhhhhhh it is beautyfull debbie!!
xx Marja

Julie said...

Both are lovely and would love them too
xxx

Michelle said...

I love the dresser top. I have a lot of old style furniture in my bedroom, you can't beat it. Old furniture are timeless pieces. The jar is exquisite...quite wonderful. Very lucky finds!!! ;o)
Michelle xxx

Anonymous said...

I love that shelving unit. I would love to have wood like that throughout my house if I could. You called it a dresser top??? I would not have thought to see that kind of top on a dresser. Maybe a side board or a hutch. To me a dresser goes into a bedroom and that type of shelving seems to be too large for a bedroom. Am I out of touch with language and terminology? I love that jar as well. It is wonderful.

Sans! said...

That jar is exquisite and the dresser is irresistable.

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

I love both and wish i had old furniture myself. I really love the jar best of all and think it would be a nice idea for a mini scene.
For Doreen, dressers tend to be called a hutch in the states and canada. In a bed room a low unit would be called a dressing table or just a shelving unit.
I spent ages on american sites looking for dressers then realised i needed to look under hutch.
Nikki xx

Oh yes, hurry up with the name pulling, lol. Cant wait and sitting here ever so excited.

Nikki xxx

kimsminiatures said...

Love your birthday buys Debbie. Really that jar is so wonderful. I would love it myself. Hope your birthday was very very Happy! Hugs~ Kim

Cate and David said...

Gorgeous!

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Debbie. Been looking at your jar in more deatil in the post above this one.
I think it would be lovely filled eggs in all colours. Like all kinds of bird eggs in different sizes but to scale.
The blues, greens and creams found on many eggs would go lovely against the metal, and because of the little bird it would give the jar a theme.
Nikki xxx

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Now that's what I call great shopping Debbie!
Love that Jar!
Mercedes

Related Posts with Thumbnails