Wednesday 8 April 2009

Apothecary Update...

Just thought I'd give you an update on how the Apothecary in Diagon Alley is coming along. The filled Barrel's are in there, but still need to make some more.
As you can see I still have loads to do in here.
The back unit up against the wall is nearly filled, but the other two have yet to be altered and filled. The cupboard on the wall needs to be filled with potions and also the shelving unit on the side wall. I also need to make the bunches of Herbs and bundles of feathers to hang from the ceiling.


On the home front, Mick's parents left this morning, they've been with us since Saturday. Thanks Big Mick for all your help over the last few days.
Ben rang me from Scotland last night, he's having a great time at Katie's, think their off out to a Party tonight!
And for me today, more Earth to be moved. We had a bit of a disaster yesterday, we'd had a lot of rain overnight, tried to get the Jeep and trailer through the gates and it got stuck in the mud. I could feel the Jeep sliding underneath me, not a joyful experience. In the end we had to unhook the trailer, push the Jeep with the Digger to get it back onto solid ground in the Stable Yard and then use the digger to pull the trailer back into the yard. That took nearly two hours. Not one of the best ways to start the day. We did however manage to get the Barn scrapped out and half of the trench dug down the side of the Barn and moved quite a few barrow loads of old terracotta tiles, from the back of the barn to the yard. Where they are all neatly stacked now. These tiles must have been original to the house, but had just been dumped at the back of the Barn. I will eventually use them in the Garden.

Oh and in case your wondering no Foals yet...


10 comments:

Pubdoll said...

The Apothecary is looking great! Love the beautiful floor and the sculls:)

Creager Studios said...

Morning Debbie...

When can I move in???? I LOVE your Apothecary...thanks so much for the Magical~Mystical Tour!

WOW...sounds like you had some real adventures with earth and mud...slipping around and getting stuck in it is no fun..
Those Tiles sound fantastic... can they be used at all with miniatures or art?
I keep meaning to ask...how old is your house/farm? And just exactely where are you located? Maybe I can Google Earth it...

Have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday
Jodi

rosanna said...

Such, such were the joys...what a way to start a day!! I wonder how can you find spare time even to breath.
I looked at the new barrel and the bubbles are really wonderful, the apothecary looks great.
My little niece thanks you for the kitten piccies and she is waiting for the foal to come. When we are together we alwyas go and have a look to your ponies. She loves them. Thank you for everything. hugs

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Looking good!!!! :) Hugs, Marsha

Debbie said...

Thanks Pubdoll.


Jodi, I've emailed you our address and yes we can be seen on Google Earth.

Rosanna glad you enjoyed the email with the Kitten. I'm sure I have some more like that. If I can find them will forward them on so you can show your niece..

Anonymous said...

It looks like a real room, I was a bit confused at first because you been showing us barns and digging! LoL! How do you find the time?

x hel x

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

looking great Debbie, love the way youve added a shelf unit to the inside of the openeing door to give ven more room for goodies. Love to see the development

Daisy said...

Debbie
Wonderful work,great!

Sunny Sunflower Miniatures said...

When the apothecary begins listing for jobs, ring me ok? I really want to work there. Now I need to figure out a way to shrink myself...
-Mary

Katie said...

I love this little store......And I like seeing it coming along...It's so neat!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails