Thursday 26 February 2009

Just Found This On Blogger Help Page..

We are in the process of integrating with Google Friend Connect, which may temporarily affect the Following feature for some users. Specifically, users who already use Following and Friend Connect may notice missing blogs in their profile, as well as a decrease in the number of public Followers on their blogs.

This is because
we have set these users to "anonymous" to avoid linking the profiles of Blogger and Friend Connect users without their permission. They are still following privately and will able to make themselves public again.

After the official launch of the Friend Connect integration, we will communicate with the affected users and instruct them how to reset their relationship to public. To reiterate: the number of Followers has not changed, and we believe that the launch will improve the visibility of your blog and community. We will post more details on Blogger Buzz as the launch approaches.


Well that's all well and good for them then, but obviously by the comments I've had on the previous post, we all hate it.
I've also noticed that I've lost followers! At least five..
And to top it all I went to my Dashboard to check the blogs that I follow and guess what everyone's blog has disappeared and it says, YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING ANY BLOGS!!!!!!
Well for your information BLOGGER! YES I BLOODY AM AND HAD 200 ON THERE. All I can say is thank goodness that I made the Tiny Treasures Mini Link Page...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

4 comments:

MiniKat said...

Aaaarg indeed! I certainly don't care about the Friend Connect hooey. Why couldn't they leave it as two separate things? Oh wait... that would have made sense. Blah!

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

I thought it was only me that didn't like the change...I didn't like the new Facebook...didn't like the GMail change, didn't like the eBay changes...so it's expected that I wouldn't like this one either....

Thank God for your list of mini links!

Rick Klau said...

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for the feedback. Really sorry you don't like the outcome - but hopefully I can share a bit more background on why we made the change here. In short, we were trying to respect individuals' privacy - but as I note in the post I linked to, we're considering other options that would show total numbers so that those people set to private aren't subtracted from your overall total.

At the very least, rest assured that the total number of followers hasn't changed.

Thanks again for the feedback, and thanks for using Blogger.

Regards,

Rick Klau
Product Manager, Blogger
http://tins.rklau.com/

Caseymini said...

Debbie, I have had the thing with showing no followers happen a number of times over the past month. I just signed out and signed in again and they showed up. I don't know what that was about. I am behind you all the way. Keep up the good fight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails