Sunday 1 February 2009

Hubble Bubble...


Well here's the other Barrel.
For this one I put a piece of card in to the height I wanted, placed a flat piece over the top and then poured in some balls, I then added some dark red glass paint and stirred. Added more balls, more paint and stirred again. The glass paint I used was a set of cheap children's glass paints from the pound shop. It's really sticky but can be washed off using water and there's no smell. I've then used some very tacky glue to glue them down the sides. When it's completely dry, I'll give it another coat of glass paint. I'm really pleased with my balls and my barrels..

9 comments:

Caseymini said...

I love the mad scientist experiments with the balls! Now how about doing one with a few eyeballs mixed in? Maybe some worms hanging over the edge?

They are looking really good! Keep it up!

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Yeh, that would be great. Eyeballs and worms.... and puupy dog tails added too!
Looks like you will be ever so busy with the last one.
I'm trying to make a pumpkin shaped cauldron with arms and him holding a spoon. I dont have the right wire but shall see how it all turns out.
Will post a picture tomorrow for you.
Its going to be for my house because i have time this evening to make something for myself rather than doing my usual sunday night lisitings on ebay.
Got it all on the go and did the face and not being able to wait to add the arms i ruined it all, so having to start all over again.
Love the second one with the red balls and the glass paint works a wonder. Shall buy some of that.
Off to my cauldron... lol

rosanna said...

Great, you are great! the way you have used your glass balls is outstanding. I really love the barrels

Caseymini said...

You inspired me. Now I am making Worm and Eyeball Stew. Yum!

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

the color is gorgeous! it would make really rich red grapes...
I had been making polymer clay grapes last night, so that's all I can think about right now :D

MiniMaker said...

They look great, fantastic idea!

Jo Raines said...

This is wonderful! It could also be grapes if arranged just so, I guess! I'll have to make a note to check back when I add to the witch's cottage agsint this October.

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Tonyina said...

the result is brilliant terrifying seem radioactive drums

Katie said...

Lol! I love this idea!! And the barrels look so good! Makes me want to invent something creepy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails