Tuesday 30 September 2008

Dismal Day..





Woke up this morning to rain. All I could think was at least the plants were getting a good watering.
Been busy with the Ponies today, the normal routine of mucking out and then did the mass worm. Was hoping that the weather would improve so I could get the rest of the plants in, but it hasn't stopped.
Took some pictures the other day of the Buzzards that visit our fields nearly everyday. They are magnificent creatures. They always seem to perch on the rails in the fields. Their definitely not fazed by the Ponies and will quite happily swoop down onto the ground with the ponies all around them. We counted four of them the other day. I wonder if its Mum & Dad with their babies.

1 comment:

Laura Paine Carr said...

oh! I love the photos of the hawks... do you really call them buzzards? here, a buzzard is a vulture, you know, they clean up! I would call these some kind of hawk, given their beaks, and general shape and color. And here we are anxiously awaiting rain... maybe this coming weekend. And, after about 20 minutes, I will be ready for spring and summer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails